Job Title: Part – Time Librarian, Online
Location: Virtual/work from home
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Summary: Provide real-time point-of-need virtual reference assistance with navigating, evaluating, and utilizing information; monitor and report on issues with electronic resources; create and update online library instructional resources; assist with special projects and other duties as assigned. This work-from-home position requires a minimum of two week-night shifts (9PM-12AM) and one weekend-night shift (7PM-11PM; rotating Saturday/Sunday) per week. *Note work from home technical requirements.
- Ability to facilitate student driven learning in the information seeking process, across a variety of subject areas, in an online environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and navigational ability with: library databases, electronic book delivery platforms, learning management systems, library automation software, and other relevant technology used to manage and deliver library services online.
- Understanding of information literacy concepts and trends.
- Strong technology skills, and ability to troubleshoot basic problems with Windows applications, Microsoft Office products, Internet browsers, and electronic resource authentication.
- Must possess excellent writing skills in combination with effective interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills in a technological environment.
- Commitment to a culture of customer service excellence.
Requires a master's degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association, or from a master's level program in library and information studies accredited or recognized by the appropriate national body of another country.
*WORK-FROM-HOME TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Personal Computer (PC, no Mac)
- OS Version: Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
- Reliable high-speed Internet access
- Computer USB Headset with microphone
For a full job description and to apply see job # 16-0476 at: