The SLS office registered our members for the NOVELNY databases that are available from the NY State Library.
NOVELNY connects New Yorkers to 21st century information. It is supported with temporary federal Library Services and Technology Act funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS). The New York Library Initiative is a proposal for permanent state funding for NOVELNY, a pilot project for the Statewide Internet Library.
- Gale-CENGAGE -Health, business, newspapers, literature and more.
- Encyclopedia Britannica (Britannica Digital Learning, a division of Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc.): Includes Britannica School, Britannica Academic and Britannica Escolar
The Dutchess School Library System subsidizes the following eResources for our members.
- ASCD Education eBook Collection - 56 professional development eBooks titles from the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Collection Development - Core Collections - Selective annotated list of fiction, nonfiction, nonbook and graphic novel titles.
- Noodle Tools - citation and note taking software
- Spotlight on NY - 14 interactive ebooks for grades K-8 from Rosen Publishing
- TeachingBooks - K-12 multimedia author and book resources.