ESSA's Impact on NYS School Librarians
Saturday, October 1, 2016
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
NYLA Office, Guilderland, NY
AASL, along with ALA’s Office for Library Advocacy (OLA), will provide a comprehensive workshop on ESSA*, building off of the two sessions presented at ALA Annual. The content will include:
1. a section from ALA’s Washington Office, giving the most current information on developments at the Federal Level
2. recommendations of what you can see at the state level
3. working through the sections of ESSA that can be directly linked to the school librarian/library program
4. connecting ESSA language to school librarian’s role
5. hands on small group work in identifying stakeholders, building coalitions, message crafting and elevator speech development
This session is available FREE of charge, but pre-registration is required.
NYLA Membership is NOT required.
CLICK HERE to register.
* Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) - AASL's Vision for Implementing ESSA
While in-person attendance is preferable, there is the opportunity to web stream this workshop.
To register for the web stream of this program, click here.
View these details online – click here